Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Please help re name my Axie!

HelloKitty

Reaction score
Hi guys, Athena has decided that he doesn't want to have a girls name any longer and Aristotle doesn't want to swap even though she has a boys name so I need a new name for my beautiful boy.

Preferably something begining with A but it doesn't have to. I just can't think of anything.

Heeeeelp!

Attachments

• 322128_10150303778803967_659083966_7968587_1203605_o.jpg
    322128_10150303778803967_659083966_7968587_1203605_o.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 216

pent565

Reaction score
Andy, Artemus, and Ares are three nice A names. Some of them go with the greek/roman mythology theme. A shame its not female, you could use Ariel, lol.

aeviette

Reaction score
You could use Ariel, after the sprite in The Tempest- he's male! I put in a vote for Artemis too. Also Tiresias, because I think eternal life but not eternal youth would probably end up making you look like an axie.

pent565

Reaction score
You could use Ariel, after the sprite in The Tempest- he's male! I put in a vote for Artemis too. Also Tiresias, because I think eternal life but not eternal youth would probably end up making you look like an axie.

Or like the Face of Bo. Lol, you could call him Bo, or Captain Jack (Harkness, not Sparrow, lol, though both woork)

Axie23

Reaction score
Dionysus and Posiodon. i know there not a names, but who cares, there still cool!;)...plus, i love Greek god and goddess namesXD i've called one of my axies Hecate, and heaps of my goldfish various mythological names :). if i had to pick an A name though, it would prob b Ares. or Atropos, even though it's not a boys name (it still sounds boyish though, right;))

aeviette

Reaction score
Or like the Face of Bo. Lol, you could call him Bo, or Captain Jack (Harkness, not Sparrow, lol, though both woork)

One of my bunnies is called Bo! But it's short for Boethius, not Face. I think Captain Jack would be a very cute name.

HelloKitty

Reaction score
I quite like Artemus, will have to ask him and see what he thinks. Its a shame I have to change his name because in the pet shop when I saw him he looked likee an Athena, but he doesn't want a girls name anymore lol! keep the names comin though guys.

Icarez

Reaction score
Last edited:

HelloKitty

Reaction score
I just had an idea, what about Socrates? I can call him Socki for short. I call Aristotle my little Lottle. I don't want to change her name as well as it really suits her even though shes not a boy. I just need Athena to wake up so I can ask him what he thinks about being called Socrates. He's behind the plants at the moment.

aeviette

Reaction score
Archimedes is especially good if he's a bit tubby, what with him working out about displacement of water and all :) I think it was him anyway...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1