Question: Weird creature in my tank!!!!

parkss86

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
My tank is empty being cycled before I put my Axies in it.
Last night I was looking inside the tank and I saw a white size of smaller than a pinkie nail~
it was a pale white color curved to left! it kinda look like a shrimp but was crawling down my driftwood!!! it was something I have never seen before!!! I washed my plants sand and driftwood really thoroughly~ can anybody help what this is??? do I have to change everything again? wash it up?? after it disappeared I cannot find it!!

I NED HELP!!!! :mad:

it looks like this but more white and pale~
they said this was dwarfed shrimp some kind of critter....is this safe for Axie?
will they eat him sometime? it's really small size of small pea or quarter size of penny~
HELP~

Attachments

• img378.jpg
    img378.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 785
more like this one!!!! pods? are they harmful?

Attachments

• Amphipod1.jpg
    Amphipod1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 724
Pods are not harmful tho I'm pretty sure that one in your pic is the saltwater kind? I have tons of those in my marine tank. I get planaria in my axolotl tank if I leave it go without a water change for a bit longer than normal.

hopefully everything will be fine~
If I see that thing again~ imma suck it out~ lol

They aren't harmful so don't worry about it. Things like this live in bodies of water naturally anyway

It was probably a scud or some other type of freshwater shrimp. They're fairly common, and actually a pretty good sign of a healthy tank. If your tank wasn't healthy, invertebrates wouldn't survive in it!

Have a look through this article (there are two parts) and see if any of the critters look familiar.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back