Okay, bit of a strange one here...

Jade x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, last week i bought a new axie to add to my 3 i had and they are all getting on perfectly :) But strangly, one of my other axies keeps sucking on his tail?! He's not biting it, as its all still there, and he doesnt seem the slightest bit bothered, its not stressing him etc. I was just wondering if anyone knew why he's doing this, as im pretty confused ^_^

Hi Jade,

While I don't have an answer as to why this would be happening, (i'm a new axi owner myself sorry) I would love to see a video or picture if that's at all possible. I reckon that would be interesting to see.

Was he straight when you got him? lol got to edit that, its preferances are non of my buissness. Was your axolotl curled up when you got him? does he curl up all the time or can it straighten out when he wants to feed etc?

Ian, I think another axolotl is sucking on the tail :D

No idea why he is doing that, axolotl can be strange little things at times.

You should really have quarantined your new addition before adding him to the others.

I agree with sammie, as i dont have an answer to that o-o maybe its an amusing pass time? :p But i agree, I think a picture would be interesting to see! :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back