Hello

tasya

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello everyone I am getting pair of axolotles this weekend:p I am so exited. I had them 9-10 years ago back in Russia but then we moved to Canada and we had to leave them. I was looking where to buy them here in Canada for a long time and finelly found :p Funny we were fidding them with fresh meat every other day and they were fine. But now i find out that this is not even an option how to feed them.
I just wanted to say Hello! I am happy to be part of you guys, Axolotle lovers ;)

Welsome to the forum Tasya, it is good to have you here. I am glad that you have been able to find some axolotls here and that you are going to get a chance to rekindle your old hobby and enjoy caring for them again.

It is often the case as research and knowledge grows on the subject of amphibian keeping and fish keeping that what we thought were the best methods of caring for our pets are not. The hobby is constantly growing and people are always looking to improve their quality of care. You little guys might have survived on meat, but they probably would have done even better on a more natural diet, this might give you a chance to compare results between the old standards of care and the new ones that you are learning about.

It should be a great experiment :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back