Guess What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarasaurs

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Sarah:P
Its my Birthday today, and my mum brought me a new tank for my axie oscar!!! I also got new water conditioner and a new filter......And guess what......
Mum also got me another axie!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's golden in colour with white spots on his tail, and hes albino (pink eyes and gills). I named him Oscar!!!! I'll put up some photos when i figure out how.....I'm sooo excited......I love my mummy!

Sorry I was soo excited I put down the wrong name......I named Him George!!! Both Oscar and George are loving the new tank...

haha thats awesome :D happy birthday <3 and if u want, just go down a bit below where u write when ur posting and it should have a button saying manage attachments.. :)

Awesome birthday pressie, Happy Birthday !!

Happy birthday! I am very pleased that you got a present you will enjoy so much. Your mom is obviously very supportive of your hobbies and your passions.

A quick tip, if you put your old filter media inside the new filter then you will not need to run both of them until the new one is cycled or go through the cycling process again :D

Happy birthday!!! Sorry it's a bit late... Congrats on the great prezzie! Waiting for the pics now!

Hey everyone, finally got some time to put up some pics.
Thank you all for the lovely messages.
I had a great day, and both George and Oscar are doing well.
Okay so in the pics, George is the golden albino, and Oscar is the larger wild type.
Ohhh and I made an axololt pinata.....

P.S Oscar loves posing for the camera:p

Attachments

• IMG_2471.jpg
    IMG_2471.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2480.jpg
    IMG_2480.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2482.jpg
    IMG_2482.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 147
Thanks...I'll put some better ones up soon, I gotta take some pics during daytime so you can actually see them.
It came with the second hand tank, um its like a grass carpet....it fake, I was unsure about it, but the seem to like it, they play hide n seek:p

Here is some pics of the pinata,
Its was sooo big, like almost two metres long!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2451.jpg
    IMG_2451.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2447.jpg
    IMG_2447.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2443.jpg
    IMG_2443.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 151
Hi Sarah, your axies are gorgeous, George looks just like my golden albino Taco ! The pinata is awesome.

Just to let you know, if you have small pebbles or the small coloured type gravel in your aquarium, it is very dangerous for your axies. When they eat, they suck their food in so they could suck up some of the small gravel which gets impacted in their tummies. I have heard of axies that have died this way. Basically anything they can fit in their mouth they will swollow, so if that is small pebbles in your tank I saw in the pics, be careful or take it out.

Kind regards
Sammie.

Yes anything the size of an axolotls head or small can and WILL be swallowed. Take out that gravel and anything smaller than your axies head ASAP.

Thanks, I've read the posts previously, I'm currently tring to get hold of sand, Because I'm not a fan of the big rocks. I will take the stones out as soon as I get the sand. But thank you for the advice.

Bare bottom tank is 100% better than waiting for sand. Gravel is very dangerous and will be ingested and cause all types of problems its only a matter of time and if they have already been on it for a while chances are they already have a gut full of it. I really do recommend removing it asap and leaving them on no substrate at all.

That's great to hear! Hope they are okay :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back