Hello!

herbaltree

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

My name's Danni and I am soon to be the very excited owner of a tiger salamander! I finished making his home today so may collect him this week, and I cant wait!

I study conservation and have quite a love of amphibious creatures; I do lots of newt surveys and am writing my dissertation on frogs, but salamanders are new to me so I'm very much looking forward to learning more about them!

I've already met my salamander, he's called Mr Sanchez and I will be his fourth home. His last owner overfed him so he's going to be on a diet!

:D

Welcome to the forum, Danni!

You'll soon find how easy it is to overfeed your tiger. They're so cute, and they start following you around, begging and pleading with those eyes that they're starving and just one more worm won't hurt. :D

Sounds like you are just about set. I hope you and Mr Sanchez have a long and happy time together. I hope to see pictures of the little guy when you get him and your setup as well :D

Thanks for the welcomes! I am fetching him tomorrow morning (yay!) and there will be many pictures! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back