Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Axie owners

Pasleylg

Reaction score
Hello caudata members!

I'm a new owner of 3 axolotls. I got them for my 13yo daughter but I have to do most of the maintenance. The tank water recently cycled and cleared up its been looking nice and clear after a couple weeks of becoming a mad nitrite scientist. I took some pics of the glowing tank and I plan to take more soon as our 3 Axies get bigger. I uploaded some pictures in the album section today I hope you like them as Its my first attempt with an aquarium. Add me as a friend I haven't made many here yet. Nice forum everyone I hope to get to know people.

Attachments

• IMG_20110923_201505.jpg
    IMG_20110923_201505.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_20110923_201340.jpg
    IMG_20110923_201340.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_20110923_162802.jpg
    IMG_20110923_162802.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 225

Kribby

Reaction score
That is a very interesting and fun looking setup :D

How large is the tank? It is hard to tell from the photos.

xxianxx

Reaction score
I copied your feeding tube and bowl on my 5" axolotls, im training them to eat pellets, now hang about looking up the tube if they are hungry lol

emz

Reaction score
Great looking tank and axies!

breezywild

Reaction score
Hi, congrats on your new axies! They look so happy. Can someone tell me how to start a forum thread of my own? I have some questions, but I don't want to post them on someone else's forum.

totallyrad

Reaction score
Haha I agree with Ian, they definitely are on a trip right now. I also like your feeding tube, I never thought about this and I think I will incorporate one into my 20 gallon, of course when mine gets big enough I can just drop a big juicy worm in front of him and let him hunt for it :L)

J

jcj57

I too love the feeding tube idea - something else to buy at the aquarium shop tomorrow :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1