Neurergus strauchii care

christopher law

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So a cb pair (too young to be sexed) have become available up here in the great north (Canada). I unfortunately cant find a great deal of information on these guys, so I figured I would post here.

Temps:
Size of aquarium (more aquatic than terrestrial...maybe water with floating debree or a 50:50 setup).
optimal PH range of water
Filtration system recomended
Diet.
Supplements

Kindest Regards

Christopher Law

There's plenty of information available here. The first step to finding it is searching or exploring the site [see "caudata culture" link].

Caudata Culture Species Entry - Neurergus strauchii

If temperatures are warm, keep them out of water. Heat doesn't kill these guys as quickly as warm water does.

The animals available in Canada right now are Jennewt's, and they have probably been discussed or mentioned in multiple threads. There are more coming to Canada from other stock.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back