Where to get an Axolotl

mogs9999

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
mogs9999
My Axolotl died recently and i really want another, does any1 know of a pet shop in Essex or Hertfordshire (i live in Harlow) that sells Axolotl's ideally i would get a lecustic one

I'd search the For sale section here rather than go to a pet shop. Unless you want to spend a heck of a lot of money on an axie who isn't going to be very healthy judging by most of the pet shops I've seen/heard of. Then again with the pet shop axies you do get free gravel...

Ive got one left for sale 6 inch pink.£10 Im the other side of london to you but im sure we could sort something out :) if you are interseted let me know.x

Yeah!!! In hertfordshire, Burstons!!!! The pet department sell them, Linda Atkinsons breeds them and mine are both from there... They keep them on gravel but they are fine so don't worry!

Hi, I live in Harlow too!! I got my pair from totally Tropical in Bishop Stortford. They do put them on gravel though and one of mine pooped some out 6 months after I got him. But they really are a wonderful pair and looked nice and healthy when I brought them home. They have both grown so much!

I know this is a late reply as you've found an axie now but in case anyone else is wondering where else to get axolotls in Essex these were the places I've encountered that sometimes stock them:

- Amwell Aquatics in Thornwood Common, near Epping
- Woodford Aquatics in South Woodford
- Noahs Ark Aquatics in Canvey Island
- Tranquility Aquatic Centre in Romford

I managed to find my golden through a breeder in South West London and I found most shops generally stocked wildtype and leucistics which is where I got my first axie :)

if you'd like to come to Eastbourne there are 3 axies that need to be bought urgently from a local reptile shop and one is white leucistic. not only you'd get what u want but also you'd save them and do a good deed ;) they are small not quite juvenile yet

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back