Question: Can larvae eat unhatched bbs?

NooNoo Kz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Nick & Kasey
Hi there, I was wandering if my larvae would be affected by unhatched bbs eggs as a few do get into my harvest??

Thanks, Nick.

They are not digestable, but it will not harm them. My harvest always has some unhatched eggs in it, and they always seem to come out in the babies poop undigested. I have seen some people on this site say its fatal, but it has never been the case with me, they dont seem to mind at all actually. Just try to get as little eggs as possible, but dont fret if you do get some :)

the cyst from brine shrimp is fatal to smaller things like fish fry because its not digestible

No, they shouldn't eat them.

They aren't digestable and can cause an impaction... think of unhatched bs as gravel in your tank.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back