FYI: My axie girl has a bite out of her tail!

NooNoo Kz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Nick & Kasey
Due to some family problems I had to take my 2 axolotls over to my friends house and put them in their 4 ft tank with the other 5 axolotls so we had 7 in a 4 ft (just for the night) and when I went back to clean out their 4 ft tank and take the gravel out, I saw she has a big chomp off the back of her tail :( poor girl, shes okay and back at my house (alone- meaning the 6 are still in the 4 ft) but its already looking a bit better. So anyway just thought I'd let you know!! BTW the 4 ft tank is larger than most 4 ft tanks...
She still has her big appetite :rolleyes:;)

6 axies in a 4ft tank????????
Make sure you keep the water clean and cool and her tail will fix itself in time. Watch out for fungus tho and treat with salt baths if needed

Well, you probably knew the risk
And copy what Leanne said :)

Well I got kicked out of home... and yeap I knew the risk!! shes doing pretty well now.she can have her boyfriend back when shes better XD they had a 100% water change the other day so they should be fine, plus I added a few extra hidey-hoes so they should be right for a while.

6 axies in a 4ft tank????????

There is nothing wrong with that, you could keep 12 in a 4ft tank as long as you keep the water quality in check.

Im glad she is gettting better just keep up the water checks and changes when needed and maybe an extra worm for dinner.
I hope you sort out the other stuff that is going on in your life. Stay safe.

There is nothing wrong with that, you could keep 12 in a 4ft tank as long as you keep the water quality in check.

And as long as their well fed, theres no real problem. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back