Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: Creature New 4ft tank YAYY ! !

MrsGimmik

Reaction score
Hey Everyone ! :)

I would like to share Creature new tank and set up.
I've had the tank for about 2 months but haven't gotten the time to make a video. Sorry about the video quality. This was taken from my phone so not the very best but will take some pictures !
Sorry for the noise in the background, my partner was practicing with the guitar. I haven't had the light on in Creature tank when I 1st got her tank. Looked so beautiful ! She was hiding in her house I made for her, thanks to one of the threads on here to give me an idea ! Plan on making a few more hides when my other 3 Axies reach to a good size to join Creature.

Creature my Axolotl new 55 gallon tank ! - YouTube

Loobylou

Reaction score
awww bet she looks tiny in there xD.

I like the brightly coloured plants, they look good.

I might steal some ideas for my 4 fter that I'm collecting tomorrow, my other tanks all look similar so I might go for something more colourful in this one!

MrsGimmik

Reaction score
Oh yeah she does look tiny in that big tank. I know this probably sound crazy but I was thinking to upgrade to a 90 gallon tank. The one Creature is in is a 55 gallon. I want more of a wide room when my other 3 axolotls are ready to join. The stand I have for the tank can hold a 90 gal so i think that size will be perfect for them ! Hehe, my birthday is this month and hopfully I can get a new tank ! :)

Loobylou

Reaction score
Oh yeah she does look tiny in that big tank. I know this probably sound crazy but I was thinking to upgrade to a 90 gallon tank. The one Creature is in is a 55 gallon. I want more of a wide room when my other 3 axolotls are ready to join. The stand I have for the tank can hold a 90 gal so i think that size will be perfect for them ! Hehe, my birthday is this month and hopfully I can get a new tank ! :)

That doesn't sound crazy at all! I worry about big tanks going through the floor (I live in a flat) or I'd be buying the biggest one that would fit! Who needs furniture anyway?!

coral2reef

Reaction score
Haha I live in a second floor flat, never worried about that ... And I have 3 tanks in my bedroom! Hopefully I won't come back to that one day!

Loobylou

Reaction score
Haha I live in a second floor flat, never worried about that ... And I have 3 tanks in my bedroom! Hopefully I won't come back to that one day!

I have 6 so far :/ so with the new one tomorrow I may as well live in an aquarium! our floors here aren't great, but I suppose it's downstairs that should be worrying the most.

MrsGimmik

Reaction score
Haha true indeed about furniture ! I don't have much furniture in my room, just a TV and a bed. I assume by flat you mean Apartment ? I'd be scared to even have a fish tank in an apartment ! Alot goes through my mind and makes me so negative ! lol.

MrsGimmik

Reaction score
Here are some Pictures of Creature. Again, pictures were taken off of my phone
IMG00219-20110912-2248.jpg
Photo3427.jpg

Photo3439.jpg

mogs9999

Reaction score
love the home made hide, i did a step by step on here on how i made mine, i wish i was better at making them there is a user called cml who has made some amazing ones

MrsGimmik

Reaction score
Yeah I've seen his thread on instructions on how to make a homemade Hide. I was inspired by that. It took me FOREVER to make Creature's hide. I use her sand and it is too fine and had to past over and over..I started to stick rocks on there so i can add less sand. Her theme tank is Greek stye. Lol I played too much of God Of War :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1