Anybody have ideas for axie night light? :-)

totallyrad

Reaction score
Country
United States
So my axolotl tank is in my bedroom and I always love watching it while I take a nap and fall asleep so peacefully. But the trouble is when it's night time I can't see the tank cause my rooms too dark. Soooo
I am trying to think of ways (cheap, functional) to have a "night light" in the tank so I
can look at it while I snooze off :p

Obviously I don't want it to be bright at all, more like a simulated moon.
probably blue tint in color would be neatest.

Any one have anything like this in their tanks? Or know of any neat diy ways of
doing this? I have seen people get the led strips and put them inside of the lighting
fixture and I thought about this but I'm not too good with wiring and want it to be safe.

I was also going to just rig something up behind my tank buuuut the person I bought
the tank from painted the back black (which looks great) but eliminates many options
for me.

Ideas appreciated! Together we can figure this out haha.

I heard of people butting blue christmas tree lights in the rim of their regular aquarium light. Plug one light in, and you have regular lights, plug the christmas tree lights in and it's a moon light. Have not tried this myself

hmm that's one idea, i can mess with that idea and see if i can figure something out. thanks :]
i did just see a suction cup led light thing for fish tanks but i haven't heard anything about these and
wonder how long they last and some other things about them. research time!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back