Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Your Mayan/Aztec Birthday

Icarez

Reaction score
To all who are interrested in history :) here is a website I came across wich is the most perfect calculator I have seen so far

Aztec Calendar: Today in the Aztec and Maya Calendar

Just select your birthdate and it will give you very accurate information about yourself :) if you believe in this ofcourse.

My birthday (17-October-1989):

Day Ocelotl (Jaguar) is governed by Tlazolteotl as its provider of tonalli (Shadow Soul) life energy. Ocelotl is a good day for doing battle. It signifies power, valor, and reckless abandon in the face of danger. This is a day of the Warriors of Tezcatlipoca, those who willingly sacrifice their lives to keep the flame of the Old Ones burning forever.

The thirteen day period (trecena) that starts with day 1-Ocelotl (Jaguar) is ruled by Quetzalcoatl. This trecena represents brilliance and clarity during a profound eclipse of the light. The principal influence of this time is the divine Whirlwind: to stand in its path calls down destruction; to stand in its eye calls down creation. These are good days to withdraw into the solitude of contemplation and self-discipline; bad days to traffic with those on another path. In the center of it all, the warrior strives to be the mirror rather than the reflection.

And I found out that Quetzalcoatl is the brother of Xolotl:

The god Quetzalcoatl, is the Feathered Serpent or Precious Twin. He is the god intelligence and self-reflection, a patron of priests.
Quetzalcoatl is a primordial god of creation, a giver of life. With his opposite Tezcatlipoca he created the world. Quetzalcoatl is also called White Tezcatlipoca, to contrast him to the black Tezcatlipoca.

As the Lord of the East he is associated with the morning star, his twin brother Xolotl was the evening star (Venus). As the morning star he was known by the name Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli, "lord of the star of the dawn." An other representation of Quetzalcoatl is Ehecatl, the Wind God. His calendrical name is Ce Acatl (One Reed).

After the last world, the Fourth Sun had been destroyed, Quetzalcoatl went to Mictlan, the land of the death, and created our current world, the Fifth Sun, by using his own blood to give new life to bones. Quetzalcoatl is also the giver of maize (corn) to mankind.

Wich we probably recognize as the god who dressed up as Axolotl :D

So now I have a very remote link with my pets, yay ^_^

Try it out and tell me if yours has any interresting stuff that comes out :)

Molch

Reaction score
I always thought horoscopes are like the weather report: they are worded so generally that anybody can read into them whatever they like to. :D

according to the Mayans, my birthday was "a mystical day, associated by the passages of the moon. It is a good day for communing with nature and spirit, a bad day for acting against others."

- in other words, a day like any other :rolleyes:

However, I did find out in the above calendar that I was born on a Tuesday. Now, that's real, solid information. That was news to me.

J

jcj57

Yoaltecuhtli:

Lord of the NightXiuhpohualli:

365-day calendarLong Count:

(Mayan calendar)
dot_red.gif
dot_red.gif
dot_red.gif
Chalchiuhtlicue8 - Tozoztontli (IV)12.17.4.3.16
dot_red.gif
dot_red.gif
dot_red.gif

The significance of this day

Day Cozcacuauhtli (Vulture) is governed by Itzpapalotl as its provider of tonalli (Shadow Soul) life energy. Cozcacuauhtli signifies long life, wisdom, good counsel and mental equilibrium. It is a good day to confront the discontinuities, disruptions, failures and deaths one suffers in life. Cozcacuauhtli is a day for tricking the Trickster.

The thirteen day period (trecena) that starts with day 1-Malinalli (Grass) is ruled by Mayahuel, Goddess of the Maguey and Pulque. These are 13 days of intoxication, infatuation, excitement and passion: it is a time of excesses, when moderation is impossible, and so is often a time of disastrous consequences. This trecena signifies those times when we are incapable of protecting ourselves from high emotions. It is a time when affairs of war and affairs of the heart are born without thinking. These days are clouded in confusion: only the most self-disciplined warrior can suffer an excess of success without incuring sudden loss. These are good days to bind the community together; bad days to sow discord and discontent

Lord of the night, sounds like my axys.

J

jcj57

LOL - 13 days of intoxication! - I was born boxing day (the day after Christmas) so that would take me all the way past new year :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1