Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

IChris' tank update!

iChris

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted a update and pictures of my tank, so here I am!

Summer has started here in Perth and as such, I've purchased a Aqua One "Aqua Reef Chiller". I knew I could have probably got a cheaper one online, but I got it through my LFS who I have a good relationship with and considering that it's also rated for tanks upto 600L, I only got it for about about $100 more than guppy's online charges for their basic model and I got it right away, how could I say no! the only problem is that my filter pump seems to be having abit of trouble pushing the water back up out of the chiller, so I think sometime over the next few weeks I'll add a canister filter to my setup so the water runs through the chiller and out into the plant trough above the tank.

and finally, the pics! I've since replaced all of the live plants with fake ones, as they all suddenly melted away fast.

as always, comments please!

Attachments

• IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 127

iChris

Reaction score
sorry about the sideways pictures, they were taken on my iPhone.

here is a picture of the chiller and my doggies watching me as I was doing a water change.

the big one is my american bulldog named Ciggy (short for Cygan which is Polish for gypsy) and my brother's tenterfield terrier named Bertrum.

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 133
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1