Funny Pose

jacobkk

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hi Guys and girls.

One of our axies have done this funny pose the last days. Anyone seen this before and knows why she does it?

jacobkk-albums-aquarium-picture18753-imag0096.jpg

Lol :p that's a funny one :). My Klaus (also similar in colouring) does weird kind of still motion poses, not all the time but when it does it's weird, like if he spooks himself he goes nose down tail up and stays there for couple of seconds and then goes back to normal also when he swims around he lands on plants funny sometimes hanging off them, half in half out type of thing :D he doesn't seem distressed and looks healthy and eats well. Noticed that sometimes he's back part is slightly up when he pushes his...well when he pushes it out :rolleyes: . Klaus hasn't done that pose your one did or at least I haven't noticed and I'm no expert but if he's eating well and looks healthy and doesn't do that too often and doesn't look stressed than he should b fine and maby it's just a part of his character :) sorry for essay I'm known for them ;)

That's an odd pose.

Usually a lifted tail is sign of an impending bowel movement. If she's done this for days, it could be a sign that she's constipated. Have you noticed any floating? Does the tail go back down, or is it always in this position?

Maybe she's morphing into a scorpion.

She poops just fine ;) shes not doing it all the time :)

I think your axie has taken up yoga ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back