My larvae eating bbs (video)

JessKB

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Jess
Hey guys, I've got some larvae right now. The oldest hatched out about three days ago. I took the opportunity to get a quick video of them. I think I have widtypes, leucistics, and golden albinos. What do you guys think?

Axolotl larvae eating brine shrimp - YouTube

They're soooo cute, I remember when my babies were that size now they're monsters haha. Need to talk my good lady into letting me get a new baby I think :D.

Jade

such an amazing quality video! its hard to take photos or footage of larvae because they are so small. yes i think they are wild leucistic and golden. Its funny, sometimes leucistic start out just as dark as wild types and then turn white, but sometimes they just pop out white like yours. What colour were the parents?

*Sigh* I want baby axies again :)

thanks guys! The video was actually shot with my old point and shoot camera. The mom was Wildtype, and the dad was leucistic. I'm excited because I was going to borrow a friend's golden to mix with mine so I could raise a golden for my tank, but I got lucky :p

yay that means your mum must have had a gold gene. If you wanted any white ones, youd have to breed one of the golds to a white albino or a leucistic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back