Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Can Axies Get Whitespot?

rocket

Reaction score
I've had my axolotl for about a year, and recently thought it would be a good idea to get some feeder fish from the pet shop for him. I kept them seperate for a few weeks, they looked healthy so I put them in his tank about 2 weeks ago. He's eaten all but one.

But, the goldfish that share the tank(large goldfish, too big for him to eat, they've been in the same tank for about 5 months with no problems), have developed white spot. Most likely from the feeder fish. He doesn't look to be affected. I'm starting treatment for the fish tomorrow, and will be moving the axie into another tank while that's happening, maybe permanantly.

So, can axolotls get white spot? If so, how are they treated?

Thanks in advance.

HappySkittles

Reaction score
You really shouldn't keep goldfish with axolotls or use goldfish as feeders. Keep him separate permanently.
I don't think axolotls can get it but you CANNOT treat the goldfish with the axolotl so good move on removing the axie. The medication for the fish can seriously mess up your axolotl.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!