Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Howdy!

sjerul

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am sheryl and i am addicted to pets! lol
this weekend my partner and I got 2 new pets... 2 waterdogs which i'm sure of are the cutest little buggers in the world! sorry other owners mine are just the most cute in the world.. wow my best english!
Anyway i read up on how to take good care of these lil ones and got them a nice set up all aquatic right now since they aren't even close to morphing yet.. i made them a deal if they stay cute fishlike for a while ill feed them good...
how ever yesterday morning Falcor or Derp not sure which one started having trouble floating, his tushy is up and he seems to hold on for dear life at the rocks and hides on the bottom of the tank so i started looking around for help thats how i ended up on this forum and joined :) anything to help my lil guys.
Hoping to learn a lot more about how to take perfect care of them as i do with all my pets..
here's a small list of my pests.. i mean pets :)
1 dog (****zu) Cozmo
2 cats Erne and Roscoe
1 bearded dragon Sheila
2 ball phytons Indi and Vahle
1 peninsula cooter (or florida turtle) Offspring with a ton of fish in her tank
2 beta fish Alpha and Omega
and 7 ferrets peanut , spook, sneaky, consuela, perriot, trouble and appa
Like i said i am addicted to pets!

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Sheryl! I see your a ferret addict. You and Dawn (Otterwoman) should get along real well.

Can you post a picture of your waterdog's tank?

sjerul

Reaction score
Lets see if i managed to upload the picture without reading on how to do it :)
In the pic there is only 1 waterdog cause the other was still in a separate tank till he got better in not floating :)
we are still going to put a back on the tank, and as of now both lil guys are not scared of us at all .. in fact when we walk past they come to the front glass and try hard to get our attention.. i am amazed that they already found out we have the food :)

Yes we are ferret addicts... we are considering counseling lol we were fine but 1 became 2 and 2 became 5 and then whats 2 more right? ferret math rules!

so do all our other pets.. i love our animals even tho not a lot of people understand why.. I see different characters in every single one of my pets, fuzzy or not...

Attachments

• waterdogs.jpg
    waterdogs.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1