Reaction score
Country
United States
When i pour the new water into the tank,
then the temperure will go down to 18-20C,

And after a while the tempture will raise a little

In my observation, the max tempture it can reach is on 22C

I saw people say the temperture above 24is streesful for Axolotl

Can i still good to raise Axolotl at 22 C???

hey.

he recmended tempurature is 18-20C, and it would be best to keep them around that tempurature. If the max it reaches is 22, it will probably be ok but keep in mind the chance of fungus or disease will be a bit higher than lower temps. 24 is much to high, that is reaching tropical tempuratures and after a few days the axolotl will be very stressed.

since you are reaching only a few degrees over, maybe try somethng simple like a fan pointed at the tank? the evaporation will probably drop the water a few degres.

raising larvae is different, they can handle slightly warmer temps, and it makes them grow faster.

Thank u
and what is the cost of those little fan?????

And will it incrediblely increase the electric bill if i turn it on all day long???

yeah a fan really drops the temperature like 5-6 degrees for me. i don't notice an increase in the electricity bill really either. i got my fan at wal-mart on clearance for 9 and it's a really nice fan. you can probably find some cheaper for around 5 dollars this time of year since it's cooling off and so people aren't buying fans really anymore haha.

but yeah my tank gets to 22 occasionally (I live in florida so it's always hot here) so i just use the fan and also put in two frozen water bottles every other day and this keeps the temperature at nice level.
i can't wait for winter so i can cut the fan off and my axie should like the winter temps better.

Nice idea,i will get a fan by the way i live in New York,
and it is still warm right now.
I think the winter will be fine temperture though :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back