Question: This is a bit morbid but....

EEVEE84

Reaction score
Country
England
Morbid indeed but what do you do with dead axies? Anybody here has actually an axie over 10 years old?...just curious

That's a good question, maybe you could bury them in a nice part of the garden, great fertilizer and as new flowers or plants grow you could remember them as you walk by ......

That's a nice thought :) maybe in a pot so u can take care of the plant like u did for axie :)

Yeah Eevee, that's even better I like that idea...a big pot of bright coloured pansies or petunias not to hard to look after but require attention to keep them alive !!

When my Chuckie died, I buried him in the garden. As I do with all my pets when their time is up

I have too many to get attached so I just throw the dead ones in the trash.

What a waste of nutrients haha You should chuck them under a tree or something.

I flushed my one that died. I love my axies but I don't get attached like I do with things like dogs and rats. When my one rat died I buried her in the park.

I freeze my dead specimens for at least a month to ward off any nasties that might be lurking, and then bury them in the garden. (Star)dust to (earth)dust.

If i had enough preservative left,i'd add my axolotls to my "preserved caud jar",which will be where any newts go as they'll A) fit in the jar and B)there's enough juice in to cover them.Sadly the axolotls will be going with the hamster in my parents garden,unless i go with cremation like i have planned for the dog and have little urns made for them all......
I know a good taxidermist but would rather have a slightly traditional "send off" for my animals!

I don't have any axolotls (yet!) but all of my dead pets get buried in the garden, even my triops (strange I know). My boyfriend's lizard and snake got buried near a tree and the 2 larvae which didn't survive got tipped out into some long grass. I would have preferred to bury them, but there wasn't much point with them being so tiny, and we were pushed for time :s

Oh wow some of the answers are quite cold and insensitive to my liking but hey each to their own :p

So has anyone got a senior axie? 10 years or older?

random, but do axies have bones? i've seen people do things to their dead pets that just leaves the skeleton (there's a guy on monsterfishkeepers.com who does it) and while i don't think i would personally want that kind of momento, it would be kind of cool to see.

I just buried one yesterday (RIP Frangipane) and I just put the axie in a plastic tub, and the tub goes underground (so that I MIGHT find anything when I dig them up or something). Sand on top and a nice rock to cover it up.

Yes they do have bones :) I can see them in my axies feet!

I don't see anything cold and insensitive here. XD Attachment just isn't present in all the comments. It doesn't mean we didn't care about the animal.
When I die, I don't want a waste of money funeral...don't waste money on flowers that I can't see... cremate me and toss me into the woods if an urn costs too much XD

And I understand how it is to have so many of something and not do anything special if you lose some. It was like that when I bred betta.

Kinda wishing I did that bone thing or a preservation jar of sorts with my one axie >_O would have been neat!

When Aristotle Axolotl died, I buried him under the Cherry tree. He was my special friend, and I still miss him.

When Bastante died (was morphing from conditions in the LFS and didn't make it), I also burried my little guy. Even though I hadn't had him long, only a month, I was still attached. I was going to bury him next to Aristotle Axolotl, but dad told me to bury him in my granddad's garden, so the dogs wouldn't get him. This is only next door.

When my one rat died I buried her in the park.

Lol my garden is a regular pet cemetery, varying from rats to guinea pigs, except for poor old Boppy the rabbit, our dog dug him up and ate him after he died.....:eek:

When my one rat died I buried her in the park.

Lol my garden is a regular pet cemetery, varying from rats to guinea pigs, except for poor old Boppy the rabbit, our dog dug him up and ate him after he died.....:eek:

Oh no! That's why I took Liesel to the park. Not only did I not want to dig around the apartment complex, but I didn't want a cat or something to dig her up and then I might find her later D:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back