Hello from Saskatoon!

Crazygar

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Gary A.MacDonald
I've lurked for a while and finally jumped in yesterday as a registered Member of this Community.

I currently own 2 Tiger Salamanders which were attained locally (these guys and gals are all over the place out here) and one has been with me since 2008 the other 2010. At first it was a rescue (someone was going to flush it) and I revamped a 20GAL TropiQuarium to house it. Soon, the Salamander grew on me, and is a part of the Pet Collection that seems to forever wane in my residence.

I never thought I'd actually get a chance to own these wonderful creatures until I relocated to Saskatchewan in 2008, as in South Western Ontario where I am originally from, most of the Amphibians are gone, due to heavy pollution.

My GF and I are currently in the throes of setting up a 40GAL Custom Tank for both "Stevie" (my original one) and "Wonder" (another rescue). Hopefully soon, we'll start with the build and of course, we'll journal the progress here.

We are avid fishkeepers are as well and I specialize in Planted Tanks.

Gary

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back