Where can I buy large rocks for my tank?! UK

munchbunch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Katie
Hello everyone I would really like to purchase some large fish-tank-safe rocks and i've seen many members on here with them in their tanks. When I say rocks, I don't mean the small gravel type rocks but the real large rocks that the axies can sit on and hide behind.

What I would like to know is;
a) What type of rocks are suitable - i.e do they have to be light hollow rocks or can I just use large garden rocks that have been soaked
b) Where can I buy some of these large rocks? I live in the UK and have access to a few garden centres and small pet shops but haven't been able to find any yet. I am willing to buy online through trusty websites.

Thanks for any help you can offer! :happy:

i got mine from the aquariam section of a pet shop, but you could just use rocks from a garden center i suppose

Pets at home biorb rocks, or just online, ebay or amazon or something...

Have you tried eBay or gumtree? I got my slate from eBay for a bargain. Have seen a few on gumtree recently.

Yeah, just regular garden rocks. Or rocks you buy from pet shops, or you could go to ebay if you don't need them right away. Just make sure you wash them thoroughly (but not with soap) and then boil them for a few seconds.

Thanks for all of your replies! I've found some in pets at home that I like and will have more of a search online :happy: Your help is much appreciated!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back