Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

As promised photos of my axies :) If you can help me post them!

sheena22

Reaction score
I have just sent some to the photo competition email, so hopefully they will all be on the photo comp thread soon, because am i aloud to put them on here if ive already sent them in to the photo comp ?

This is really to show the masses my female axolotl has grown had her just over a year probably, ill ask my bf when i got her for more around the time when i can.

I got her before christmas last year and she is absolutely tiny. not sure of exact date when i got her but the photos say dates.

Could you help me post them on this thread please im having a few troubles! Because I havent got a url or anything :confused:

sheena22

Reaction score
They are in my albums now on this thanks carsona i havent the time tonight i will another day though to make my life easier!

http://www.caudata.org/forum/members/sheena22-albums-my-babies.html

The dates of the photos are as shown on each photo and you can see how much she has grown.

Only one photo of my little wildtype hes not very old at all only had him about 3 months now, and the pinky ive had just over a year, i cant remember exact times for the leucistic as she was a surprise and we had a lot of problems where the shop didnt want her as she was eating the others legs, dont worry all problems with the shop have been resolved now :)

sheena22

Reaction score
Please take a look:D Just to let everyone know the bits of browny stuff in the pictures is bits of bogwood and i struggle to pick them up hope you all love them as much as I do ;)

sheena22

Reaction score
OK here goes i completely forgot where that manage attachment button went been so long since i posted a photo!

Attachments

• photo comp 001.jpg
    photo comp 001.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 180
  • photo comp 002.jpg
    photo comp 002.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 162
  • photo comp 004.jpg
    photo comp 004.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 158

sheena22

Reaction score
Then these :p wildtype i have had for 3 months and lecuistic just over a year :) The little pink one was her in january 2011 as seen in my photo album and the rest show how much she has grown taken in sept/oct 2011 ! I cant believe my eyes when i compare them. :D

Attachments

• photo comp 003.jpg
    photo comp 003.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 164
  • photo comp 005.jpg
    photo comp 005.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 143
  • All of pictures on camera, old prom to xmas 2010 202.jpg
    All of pictures on camera, old prom to xmas 2010 202.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 150
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1