Very active cherry shrimp?

sillymoogle7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks, wasn't really sure where to put this post but here goes. My axie tank is also home to one extremely fat cherry shrimp who I'm guessing has quite finely honed survival instincts as he seems to have evaded the axies. I did my usual weekly water change yesterday and he hasn't stopped zipping about ever since. I know it sounds ridiculous, seeing as he is meant to be food and all, but my husband and I have grown quite attached to little 'Jeremy' as we are calling him and I wanted to make sure this was normal behaviour? He's certainly never been so active before! Also, I don't put any food in the tank for him but he seems to be getting fatter and fatter. Does this mean there is enough algae in the tank to keep him going?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back