New canister filter!

pent565

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just got a canister filter for my birthday, and OH MY GOD best thing ever! Every new feature I noticed had me going "This is so perfect!" I've had it running all night now, and my water has never been clearer, and Hamlet and Ophelia look so happy. Well, they always look like they're grinning, but still... Its a Rena Filstar xP2.

Its self priming, it came with a spray-bar or blasting output (Obviously spray-bar for my axies), there's a valve that come with for limiting water flow, and the input and output are a removable piece that seals, so I can clean it easily.

I know this sound like an add or something, but I'm so thrilled with this. It was costly, though, hence the getting it for a present rather than purchasing outright.

well done and happy birthday

I love canister filters! I have a Fluval canister filters on my axolotl tank, and my 100 gallon turtle tank. Love them!

On my axolotl tank I took a large PVC pipe and drilled a bunch of holes in it and added this around the spray bar, made it so there was no current at all. :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back