Updates On Gueedo

Zenna

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
~Ally<3
Alright First, before i say anything.. Am I the only one that thinks this forum should have a section specificly for updates? Like Updates on sick / injured axies? :eek: I think that would be a good idea personally, but thats just me :p Anyways..

So Gueedo is doing good :happy: Hes slowly growing gill feathers, and he's eating like a piggy :happy: One thing i have realised though, Is that he will only eat things that are moving! :sick: And ive got to leave for 2 weeks on the 25th.. I do have an animal sitter coming, But She's still got to work & Look after all my other animals. so I dont know if she'd be willing to sit there and hand feed him.. I Think gueedo is still too young to like things that arent moving. Which is a bit confusing cuz he was raised on bloodworms since he was hatched (Probably why he was so skinny) But yeah.. And I cant find blackworms anywhere. And my mom lost my container of BBS :( sooo I dont know. Im going to have to try to work something out! right now im just hand feeding him, Hoping that he'll start eating things off the bottom before i have to leave.

Annnddd for all you people who liked gueedos color. He's still keeping his color. hes doing much better But I think he's going to stay that color. Im not sure. I hope he does. hehe. But only time can tell! I Havent taken any pics of him yet, I'll probably take some tomorrow during food time :) anndd yeah. Just letting you all know, hes doing much better :)

Awww so glad he's doing so well now :happy: Good luck getting him to take stationary food or getting the sitter to hand feed him :D not quite sure which would be easier :rolleyes: LOL

Mere.

erm, I use tweezers and wriggle stuff around under their noses, moving back and forth too. They take it then... Hope that helps?

erm, I use tweezers and wriggle stuff around under their noses, moving back and forth too. They take it then... Hope that helps?

I do that, Thats what i mean by hand feed. But ive gotta try to get him eaither eating things that are just laying there, or ive gotta train my animal sitter to hand feed him!

worms are easy though, just make a tub of earthworms, cut them into small manageable pieces, and they will wriggle... no? lol

Erm, Mine eat mussells, fresh frozen, wriggle them?!!!

Heres A pic, I kinda forgot haha. anyways ive got a new cam so the pics arent as fuzzy :) heres gueedo now. his colors slowly turning though >< Hehehe hes getting tubby :3

Attachments

• DSCF0133.jpg
    DSCF0133.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 364
And for those of you who dont know what gueedo looked like before. heres some before pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2634.JPG
    IMG_2634.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_2631.JPG
    IMG_2631.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2638.JPG
    IMG_2638.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 185
Well, Gueedo lost his unique color. I guess thats good cuz that means hes totally healthy now :) He loves earthworms! I found a bunch of baby ones, and he eats them whole! Hes a piggy. hehe. But yeah, Hes got gill feathers now, He's about 1.3 - 1.5 inches now, and yeah. hes doing MUCH better :D

Attachments

• DSCF0450.jpg
    DSCF0450.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCF0453.jpg
    DSCF0453.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCF0455.jpg
    DSCF0455.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 224
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back