Axi is floating

axolotl141

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
michael
hungry is floating and i dont think its gas because it hasnt really been eating what should i do

it is possible that it might be gas because from what ive learned they go up to the top & gulp air when they are hungry. and is he floating bum first or just floating all together, some axies to float just because they want to, but if floating is stressing him out all i can offer is to lower the water or put him in a container with dechlorinated water just covering him but so he can touch the ground & wait for someone more experianced to reply :happy: good luck!

iys floating all together and its stressing her out and ive been putting him in the fridge in a containerand its around 14 degrees in the fridge and after a while he floats to the bottom its a one and off thing with floating

Is he bloated at all? If not, my best guess is that it's just gas. and I suggest lowering the water so its covering but he can touch so it dosnt stress him out too much and monitor him for a while. but as i said, another idea is to wait for someone more experianced.

shes floating on her side now and she wont really move but its gills are still red so i know its still alive and i think it got hit by a falling rock when its strcture fell down D: :'(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back