Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Greetings! (Mike from Croydon UK)

AxoNSX5

Reaction score
Just here to say hey :] I've been on the forums for a few weeks but only recently got an account.

Mike
One axolotl, two fish and one rock shrimp
As of now two of those fish have been through Goldie, my axolotl's, digestive system...
I'm hoping to get some silver sharks and shark catfish soonish

See you all around!

I was also wondering why I cannot upload pictures {Uploads Disabled}
Do I have to have been active for some time or is this an error from my phone's end?
suggestions or admin inspect?

Many thanks!

jenniepeg

Reaction score
hi mike :) from jennie west mids! i can upload pics fine and ive only had this account for a few days so maybe it is your phone. whats your axie called?

AxoNSX5

Reaction score
Heythere Jennie,

She... (I'm pretty sure she's a she) is called Goldie, my girlfriend came up with that name as it was autumn and while I took her home from the shop. her eyes looked golden :} wasn''t too keen on it as I thought my axie was male and calling a predatory creature goldie was a bit 'off' but the name stuck when I deduced she was a.. she!

there's a little story for you! :}

How about you? Which type of Axolotl do you keep and name? :D

P.S

Just the fact that the buttons say 'Uploads Disabled' lead me to believe there's a restriction on my account but thanks for the suggestion, I'll try the next time I'm on my computer!

kiathepooch

Reaction score
Welcome!

Maybe it's because youre quite new and havent reached a certain post count you can't upload photos?im sure soon you'll be able to!

I'm from the uk too (Blackburn),it's always good to see other people on here from the uk!if it wasn't for this site I would swear there were only like 4 axolotl owners!

I have 3 axolotls at the moment,2 leucistic and a wild type :)

AxoNSX5

Reaction score
Thanks!

And yeah that was my initial thought,
I only knew of axolotls from the ' isn't this the cutest 'fish' ' articles that would occasionally crop up online but then a few months ago I discovered my first in my genetics lab (she is anything but cute and Is around 10 years old) since then I know only one other keeper! They're great to keep, wish they were more known as domestic creatures (that is if you don't have small fish)

You may have noticed earlier I only have the one albino...melanoid I think (albino with golden speckles on the tip of her head and back)?

I'd quite like to order a leucistic and... the other types eventually!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1