A friend for Jelly?

sunchyne231

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to get another male to move in with my male leucyto keep him company. He's around 7 months old now and I'm pretty sure he IS a he. I don't really want to breed them! I'm looking for a similar age so theres no big difference in size. I've got 4 hidey places in the tank already.

Jelly is quite chilled out so I was thinking about either a golden or black axie as Ive heard the wild types tend to be a bit more dominant.

Whats the best way of introducing a new axie to my tank? Any tips?

Thanks

You have to keep the new one on its own for 30 days just to make sure he/she isnt carrying any illnesses/parasites. Then once you are sure he/she is feeding well get the new used to the water temp and your free to go. If you are worried you could put a divider in until they get used to each other.

Great ok, I have 2 tanks so thats not a problem, what sort of divider? Is there a specific mesh sort of thing I could get?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back