Introduction

Panamorous

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi.

I'm an ex-axxie owner. My wife and I are huge fish people, love taking care of fish, and getting them too big for our tanks. We found our old axxie a while ago. Her name was scuba steve until way later found out she was a she. we then just shortened it to scuba. We grew her huge and beautiful. We got here when she was this weird twig with even small twig legs and yeah..she was in one of htose cheap turtle displays where they have like an inch of water in them, and then dry land... We knew nothing of this axxie, and we generally do our research. So we went home researched, and saw that this lil girl was in an awful setup. So we got'er, and got'er setup with a nice 27 long...which in retrospect..was HUGE for her...she grew into it. Anyway, she stopped eating and died a while back. She was easily 9-10 inches. fat as heck. We missed her. Couldn't find a replacement her, except for one site that wants to charge $100 for the axxie and shipping. Never seemed reasonable, considering we paid $14 for our first axxie.

Anyway, just discovered this site, and am interested in purchasing from the forum.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back