Limpets

frogman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Evan
I have tons of limpets in my axie tank. Are they bad what do i do?

Ok. They are annoying though. How could i get rid of them?

Clean them off the glass? I don't think you can really "get rid" of them. I've noticed if I have any old plant leaves in my tank they increase in number. Do you have a lot of decaying plant matter? Why do they annoy you? lol they just sit there. I kind of like them.

I don't know why they bug me, they just do. All the plants are fresh and new.

I guess I would just scrape them off the tank walls then. Sometimes I use a sponge to clean the inside of my tank and it kills/knocks the limpets off and they don't come back for a couple days.

You are looking at it all wrong. They are a sign that you have a very healthy mini eco-system at work in your tank. They should make you happy.

I had limpets. Emphasis on the past tense. I put some white cloud mountain minnows in my tank, and you know what? They love them. They omm-nommed them into extinction.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back