Our new axolotl

decambla

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Id like to introduce "Jingles", our new axolotl. I got him/her today as an early christmas present from my husband, hence the festive name. Correct me if Im wrong but I believe Jingles is a copper? Regardless of colour, jingles is just gorgeous. I have him/her in a quarentine tank for the time being. The petshop jingles came from unfortunantly keep their axolotls in poor conditions and she is in need of a good feed. I want to make sure she isnt carring any nastys that could be passed on to jones either. I usually make it a rule not to "rescue" axies, but I just couldnt walk past this one.

Attachments

• DSC04061.jpg
    DSC04061.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC04059.jpg
    DSC04059.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 309
Very lovely axie! I am quite jealous that you can find them so readily. Not one pet store in my entire state or the nearby parts of other states carry them or have a source for them and they very very rarely even know what I am talking about!

Looks like a gorgeous copper to me ;D

@Nibog - I really couldn't believe my luck. I have never seen a copper in a petstore before. I was just asking the manager if they ever get them
In and she told me no, then my 7 year old pointed out a tail poking out from a hide, and there was jingles! I think it was just sheer luck.

@Suzie - thanks Suzie. She is a beauty. Hopefully with the right conditions it won't take her long to grow her gills back. How are you little ones doing? My two finally have back legs growing.

Beautiful axolotl you have there :D im very jealous heehee :D dont have many of them round my area :happy: Best wishes to you & jingles, im sure he/she will be very spoilt with love.

Mine are slowly growing, I only have some of the smallest ones from the batch left. They have back leg bud's.. but they have had them for a few weeks.. and haven't grown any bigger at all since growing them!.. Where as my other larvae have doubled in size since then are almost have fully grown back leg's, and they are 2 weeks younger than they are..

That is such a lovely colour, congrats ! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back