From Adelaide, South Australia

dad of axle

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello I am so pleased to have found this group on the internet. I have had a baby axolotl for six weeks now and it has already tripled in size.it is only just three months old and is 15 cm long. I have called it Axle. So am using Dad of Axle for my profile.

I look forward to learning more about these wonderful creatures as my little one grows. Already I have bought a large 3 foot tank for Axle, and set up hiding places for it in its tank based on the wonderful information from your site.

Adelaide is a warm dry climate so overtime I will probably be asking quesitons about ways of keeping the tank cool as well as suggestions for the best diet as my baby grows.

regards Marcus , Dad of Axle

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

Be sure to put up some pictures of Axle :)

Hello I am not very savy with technology so hopefully this is a picture of my axle

Attachments

• 1322548599828.JPG
    1322548599828.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 130
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back