Watch them grow back.

J

jcj57

I found this guy at the local markets yesterday. Felt so sorry for him, no way I could leave him there. I've called him UG short for Ugly Guy, look at the pic and you will see why. So I will add a pic every week and hopefully we will see some gills return. At the moment he seems to swim to the top of the tank a lot and take big gulps of air.

Attachments

• DSCF4788.JPG
    DSCF4788.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCF4789.JPG
    DSCF4789.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 152
If you've put it straight into your main tank you risk speading disease to your other axolotls. I imagine it was from the Rocklea market......I've seen a few for sale there?

Regards Neil

This is a really nice idea! Yup he definitely looks in need of some rest and relaxation, but he's got great character! well done for taking the time to rescue him and get him back to health, hopefully he scrubs up well! keep us posted :)

poor thing! With some TLC he should turn from a toad to a prince! Maybe his name will change to Charming :D

If you've put it straight into your main tank you risk speading disease to your other axolotls. I imagine it was from the Rocklea market......I've seen a few for sale there?

Regards Neil

I did put him straight into my tank, after resting in the bag for ages, it was the Ipswich Markets, guy sells mainly goldfish and crabs, we have bought fish for our outside pond from him and seen his set up at home, always very healthy and immaculate setup at his house. He just gets these guys every now and then from a wholesaler/importer at greenbank - said he had a fish in with it and it ate his gills........ I showed him a pic off my phone what he should look like, he was shocked. I know he has had this batch of axies for a month or more and this was the last one, I just couldn't bare to see it left there.

I just did a double take at the first picture - I was like, "Holy jeepers! He is HUGE!!!!"....

Then I remembered that your ruler is probably in centimeters, where as mine are in inches :p:rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back