Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi!

Jglozz01

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

This seems like a wonderful resource and I just want to say how excited I am to be a part of it. Everyone looks to have a great passion for these beautiful creatures and it truly is a joy to be able to share that with others.

About me- I have always been interested in creatures of all kinds, but have had many experiences with newts and salamanders. I grew up in New Jersey where I currently reside and was always poking about in the back yard as a kid, looking under rocks for salamanders of which there was never a shortage. Once I got a little older and was in middle school, I had my first newt tank which was home to several eastern newts, and later firebellys. I also had a tiger salamander for many years (Oscar) who ate his fair share of crickets and was a favorite of visitors and family alike. I've also owned California newts which were alot of fun as well.

My current tank is a paludarium style, with many plants but currently no newts which I plan to change asap. I am currently researching which to add with the frontrunner being Alpine newts, which seem near impossible to find in the U.S. Hopefully I can find an answer here. I am excited to share more experiences and look forward to talking with all of you!

Best Regards,

Jeff

kay

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum; you are right about it being a wonderful resource. Thank you for sharing your experiences and letting us get to know you a bit.

As for alpine, I believe there are a handful of breeders you will be able to contact through this site. Look through the For Sale ads section.

Best of luck, Kay.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!