Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

NW England get-together, anyone?

froggy

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all

Who would be interested in a caudata.org meeting in NW England at some point after Christmas, maybe in Manchester, Leeds or Doncaster (or anywhere else that is suggested)? I was thinking something along the lines of booking a pub function room and maybe having a few talks by people on things amphibian-related, a pub meal and a chit-chat, if we had enough people to book a function room for.

I remember a similar gathering (minus talks) in Sheffield a few years ago, which worked very well.

Who would be interested?

C

Davo

Reaction score
I would be interested, sounds a great idea! I went to the UK frogday meets and enjoyed them both. :happy:
Manchester sounds good and easy access on train.

froggy

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Excellent! I went to the UK FrogDay, too ... I didn't know any other caudata.org people, other than Morg nd Mark, were there.

Anyone else interested?

C

Jesper

Reaction score
Great idea, of course the rest of England, Scotland and Wales(and Europe and the World!!} would be welcome too, yes? I would come, assuming I am not working that is..

Doncaster, Leeds, Sheffield and Manchester all sound good. I must say say I was terribly tempted to turn up on the doorstep of Morg the other day with a smile and a pint in each hand... as I was working in Balby... Ehehe ;) Oh the urges I have to deal with on a day to day basis:D

froggy

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Of course - the more the merrier! Manchester has the best rail links, so it would probably work best to do it there. Once I know that a few more people want to come, I'll look into hiring a room near to the station and try to plan some talks - any volunteers? I was thinking anything from field trips to keeping and breeding particular species or groups of species to general husbandry techniques and livefood culture.

C

PS if you are up Manchester way any time, you can always pop in and visit me, particularly if you bring a pint with you ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1