Sally ATE!!!!!!!

mrshayseed

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
YIPEEE...WOOHOO! :love::D

Folks sick Sally ate some Goldfish CRUMBLES.

In desperation I put some goldfish crumbles into her tank and she ate some.She then started playing with her ball rolling it along the bottom of the tank.

The crumbles are a life saver! she refuses all meat meals such as earthworms,beef heart cubes,steak,chicken liver and ox liver so I shall continue offering a variety and use the crumbles as her main meal until she gets back onto the meats.

Should I continue with the 20% water changes adding stresscoat?

YEY. :D

I wonder if what she's eating now gives any hints as to what's wrong with her. I don't know enough about axolotls to say.

I'm not sure the best course of action, but I hope she keeps eating and good luck. :)

That's great news! :D
Hmm... a vegetarian axolotl... there's a first for everything I suppose :happy:

Iam sorry but I think Sally ate it by mistake as she came up to gulp for air.I thought she had delibretly ate the tiny crumble but ever since she has refused them as well as all other food offers including,ox liver,chicken liver,steak,chicken,worms it's just sad.Sally is day 23 of refusing all food.

The crazy part is she seems to be doing okay.She put her ping pong ball into her house and she used to have pretty coloured plastic stones in her tank that she would arrange in her house by using her nose to push them in but the vet said to take them out incase she swallows them,so I did that.She has been trying to put her heavy flat stones into her house and spends a furious energetic time trying to budge them.

I have continued daily 20% water changes.

The real deal ... tonight she ate for sure a piece of beef steak.I won't feed her again until the third day so she can digest it.It has been so long since she ate meat that I don't want to overdo it in my happiness.

Still continuing 20% daily water changes and the water has gone slightly greenish and she seems happy in it

:D iam sooo happy she ate properly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back