Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Just to share

Black leaves

Reaction score
Hi, I know I may get slam, but to share with you guys my paddletail behaviour. If my paddletail are having fungus at his tail or somewhere at his body, at the 1st day during the attack, he will go on the floating grass where the water are shallow and stay there untill the fungus are completely gone. he stay there for 2 days mostly then come back at his hole in deep water after he is heal and the fungus are gone.... self medicine I think.... :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

CheeseyDean

Reaction score
If your newt is getting fungus that often, I think something is wrong.

Black leaves

Reaction score
Yeah, the weather here is hot,I need chiller, if just a slightly wrong to the water it cause fungus to my newt... :eek:

kay

Reaction score
Hi Blackleaves, sorry to hear you paddletail gets fungus. One thing I wanted to say to you is I'm sorry if you feel like you have been "slammed" in the past. I know I have personally commented on posts of yours, and that was for sure not my intention.

The thing is, when you go to this forum and ask for advice, be prepared to be told you are wrong. If something you are doing is incorrect, don't expect the experts to hold back. That's what they are hear for... To educate us.

The other thing too is you need to be able to accept advice appropriately. When someone has taken time and effort to post a meaningful response to your situation. Please do not shoot it down. I think that might have been one of the issues in some of your other post, and that is now why you are probably feeling like we slammed you.

Again, deeply sorry if I personally have offended, that was not my intention... Merely to educate.

Black leaves

Reaction score
Yeah.. No worries, I know I defend my self too much, sorry, but I love this forum. I think I am the only one in Malaysia have this thing alive since I dont see any from my own country even I already put this forum in my Facebook account. There are only 2 person having axolotls in my facebook account, so I just share it here with you guys. How I keep this thing in my country, poorly I cant get any chiller, so I keep the best to keep the other require parameters for my newt to keep them alive and healty except the water temperature cause I only can maintain about 24 celsius here.. Now they are healthy and sometime they are sick so I heal them the best I could with the guide from you guys. Thanks, no heart feeling... :D

AngieD

Reaction score
If the water is getting too warm, pointing a air conditioning unit at the tank can lower it. My room gets a bit too warm in the summer, so I sometimes keep the curtains mostly closed to keep it cool. I also make sure the windows are open as often as possible

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1