Poop!

natjobe

Reaction score
Country
Canada
:rolleyes:Ok I know..lol. How often should your axies be pooping?

They poop anywhere between 2-5 times a week. But don't be worried if you haven't seen any. It disintegrates quickly and turns into little spots of 'poo dust'. Be sure you thoroughly vacuum your substrate regularly to remove this.

Hi is the a certain way to get the tank clean, I am totally new to this whole cleaning tanks, yesterday I bought a gravel siphon for 14 $ AU and at the moment my axie is still young so I dont have any sand in the tank.

I plan on having sand for the substrate and using plastic plants ( no bio filtration) . I have seen the word "cycling" used on these forums but dont completely know what it means.

How often should I clean my tank bottom , my axie is eating bloodworms from the aqua one frozen variety one cube twice a day. and it is all pretty much gone within 30 minutes of me putting the bloodworms in the tank.

I have been putting them in frozen and letting then defrost in the tank water ( not sure if this is the right way to do it)

I am going to buy a bag of riverstones too to give a bit of variety to the tank and will invest in some wall paper. ( li live on a low income pension so will build up the tank slowly)

My tank is just over 90 cm long -
is it ok to shift axle into a holding tank for say an hour or two when i get the new items like sand and wallpaper so that i can set up the tank, or should i do it with him in it?

I am sure everyone has different routines... I usually use a turkey baster to remove any left over food bits and poo every night. Then weekly I will sort of scrub the glass walls and floor with my hand, let everything settle back to the bottom, then to a 15%-20% with a siphon. Works well for me :) I used to have sand, but really enjoy the ease of the glass bottom.

mine seems to poop every time hes fed,

@ dad of axle, i clean left over food out the next day along with any poop with a siphon along the top of the sand :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back