Hello I Am New

Lady Mudpuppy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello I am originally from Greely, Colorado in the U.S.A and then i moved to Cheyenne, Wyoming where I lived for 11 years and now I am in Lawton Oklahoma, soon to be in Fort Hood Texas. Yeh, I move a lot. I own an African Fat Tailed Gecko and I think it is a Mudpuppy, but it is called an Amphibian Dinosaur Baby. I love snakes of all kinds, and I would like some but my mother says quote"NO WAY!' end quote. Well, wish me luck!

Welcome to the forum! If you have questions please feel free to ask - there are many knowledgeable folks on the forum who are willing to help. How long have you had your mudpuppy? 'Baby dinosaur' is a non-descriptive slang term often given to larval tiger salamanders or axolotls. You may find these articles describing the 3 species to be useful - their care differs:

Caudata Culture Species Entry - Tiger salamander

Caudata Culture Species Entry - Ambystoma mexicanum - Axolotl

Caudata Culture Species Entry - Necturus maculosus

my mum and girlfriend hated snakes until i just got one and they fell inlove with its googly eyes lol i got a californian king snake he is brilliant.

if you have the money and knowledge just go for it :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back