Chiller

Mike McD

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello im looking into chiller because my tank will not go below 69 F and its winter. Im looking into Hailae 130 and it seems it needs a pump ontop of the $350 for the unit.

Does anyone know of a good unit that would have a thermostat for the tank a chiller and a pump all in one. Or could i get some advice on all which i would need to do to complete process.

Im assuming pump would feed chiller. Just looking for even a diagram of set up/ everything needed besides the chiller

My axies deserve more than a frozen water bottle

Love being apart of this community and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not aware of any all in one units.
I don't have any pictures on how it's set up but it's really easy. (mines all set up under my stand and too hard to get any photos that would be of benefit)

Your pump will feed your chiller, I got a pump larger than what I required for my tank so it could adequately push through the chiller, I combated any strong current by placing some filter sponge over the out put of my spray bar.

Put it quite simply you have your intake hose running from your tank to your filter, the output hose from the filter is then connected to the input of the chiller, and then your output hose then connects to your spray bar (or what ever you have) delivering lovely cool water back to your tank.:happy:

my chiller is set up differently to shells' one.

I don't have a canister filter on my axie tank, my tank came with a built in trickle filter in the hood, so my chiller is fed using a internal power filter to the chiller, then the output of the chiller goes into the trickle filter above the tank, the water then flows through the filter media in the tray and back into the tank.

it's important that the water is mechanically filtered before the chiller as derbies can build up in the chiller over time and reduce it's flow and efficiency.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back