Help with my T.verrucosus pls

Fluu

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello!

I recently aquired a Tylototriton verrucosus ia a friend of mine. Up untill now ive been keeping it in a sort of quarantine setup (plastic box with all kinds of stuff :), because my real aquarium isnt done yet. I will put up a photo of the temporary box later on.
Im planning on making a land area for it using foam/mortar fixative/epoxy.

Anyhow, the actual reason im making this thread is because of the following:
-I don't really know what type of tylo it is exactly, I thought it was a verrucosus, but I could be wrong (I'm completely new with everything caudate related). Also I heard there were different types of them.
-It seems he/she (i dont know it's gender, but i'll call it a he for now) doesnt want to enter any water at all and I don't know what I can do to help him do it. Aren't they mainly aquatic?
-he also seems to breathe troublesome or something. He keeps pushing it's underside of its moth towards the floor. Like a frog does. What does this mean?

alrighty then, I hope anyone could help me out here cause I'm quite at a loss of what to do right now, concerning he doesn't behave like a normal tylo verrucosus.

Thanks alot,
sjors

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back