Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi, *waves* New here, with my Axies.

Ryder

Reaction score
Hi,
I've recently acquired two Axies, A Yellow one (Wynter) and a Dark Brown/blackish one (Pearce). They're so cute ^^ I love them.
I joined here since no one around my loca area in shops and what not knows much about Axies at all, SO I am hoping that a couple of more experienced owners can answer a few of my questions.

First, I'm worried about my water temp, Its summer here and it gets in the mid 30s some days, and I find i'm having trouble keeping the water temp low. I use frozen water bottles and that keeps it at around 24 'C which i'm worried is a little high.
I've read around on here and such and as far as i can tell my Axies aren't sick, but i think they may have heat stress, cause they have some white spots on their heads..... I can't afford a water chiller thingy so I'm hopng someone can let me know if that temp will have any long term damage.

Any insite and wisdom would be great!

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Ryder, Wynter, and Pearce!

There's an active axolotl section here, and there are thousands of threads full of helpful advice!

24C is too warm for your little friends, even short term. They may need a vacation in the fridge. You can read an article on appropriate fridging procedure here.

Ryder

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Kaysie
So would i need to have my Axies in the fridge practically all summer? or until their spots go away??

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!