Heat tolerant?

Knobtailedgecko

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Hello fellow caudata members, I would like to hear your suggestions on heat tolerant salamanders and newts. Not low 70's im talking maybe 80 degrees...

I have some ideas so please see which are heat toleran and which aren't.

Tiger salamanders, marbled salanders, greater siren, sword tail newts,

and maybe necturus punctatus, necturus beyeri, and kaiseri?

Thanks Justin

The swordtails are the most tolerant, but even they wouldn't survive into the 80's for extended periods. The rest of the species you listed are some of the least heat tolerant.

There have been multiple threads on this. A quick search of the forum should reveal them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back