"I'm not fat! Now gimme another worm!"

nwmnnaturalist

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Cassie
Little Miss Piggy Pants AKA Skadi the Ambystoma tigrinum is starting to get a little plump. This doesn't deter her from begging daily. I've fed her two worms a week (one large nightcrawler and one smaller earthworm, or two little worms), once a month coating a worm in Herptivite. I'm getting a little concerned that she's getting a little porky. Should I cut down to one worm a week?

It's very hard to say no to that face, but the girl loves her chow a little too much!

Attachments

• P1130614.JPG
    P1130614.JPG
    307.6 KB · Views: 419
From the picture you posted she seems to be ready for more fattening :D

I have seen some pretty plump babies on this site and on others, she is far from needing to be on a weight loss plan in my eyes... I am not professional though :(

She looks fine to me too. If at any point she can't put all 4 feet on the ground, maybe then you should cut back. lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back