Question: Thoughts on regular feeding

Aaran

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Aaron >( ' - ' )<
Now i myself am not a regular person, im severely unorganised at best and i have issues with keeping to a schedule, now that mainly means sometimes i dont feed my axies as regularly as i should.

Not to mean any of my axies are ill or thin, there proper chubbies and are growing superb thank you very much!

I would just like to know your opinions on feeding,

Now i personally belive that animals in the wild dont exactly get fed at 10.00pm sharp, * hypothetically speaking ofc* ( some may if there that lucky?) so i dont mind feeding my lotls irregularly,

What about you guys?

Do you prefer to feeed on a schedule or at random? of course within some guildlines asin making sure they are fed every other day if there big.

P.s Dunno how that reads, im not the best at writing up this sort of thing. But yeah... ;)

please reply with something like, "yeah im for irregular feeding it gives them time to be active instead of waiting for food" or something along the lines of " I like the idea, but because im busy its on a schedule to go with my day to day life.

Cheers! and happy newt years xD

Sorry my grammar is really bad.

I think a feeding/care schedules are very important for animals ( and apparently children). I do mine on certain days. The times vary as I tend to have to seize the moment as I have a rather chaotic household. If I didn't have set days, the animals that rely on me may get forgotten....it is easily done.

I feed my animals regular (as in everyday or every other day dependant on the animal :p) but time wise deffinately not allways the same, i have a one year old who obviously runs riot and even though i try to keep his meal times regular it is difficult, so i think as long as they are getting fed every day or every other day (the same all the time though) i dont think it really matters what time, hope that makes sense

I tend to go for the, irregular / regular type thing.
Depends on what worm I have in the fridge or if I have a couple of pots.
If there on the dendrobena worm then it's one or two normally every two days. If there on the mighty lob worms then it's usually one every three days sometimes the greedy SO and So will have two lobs each.
If I'm going to be away for a few days I will usually feed them every day for about four days, so they have a bit of chub to hold them over.
I also some times hand feed them, and some times just throw a worm in there general direction so they have to go looking.
I love watching them creep up on there food and then snap for it.

I have had them like this for four years now, and they are huge monsters now, :D
Bubba is at least 12 inches nose to tail and quite a beast.

I have 2 10inch monsters and i have 2 8 inch monsters, and 1 6 inch monsters, each set bought at diffferent times, the 2 biggies i bought at 8 inches in july/august, and the others i have had from hatchlings in may time :)

Thanks for the replies btw :D

When I had a lot of critters, I was definitely on a schedule.

Now that I've downsized, I'm more of a "oh poop, when did I feed you last? You look hungry!" feeder.

I tend to feed them every couple of days. Never on a schedule and never at the same time. I look in at them all throughout the day and use the 'is the body the same width as the head' train of thought to decide if they need feeding or not. Mine are lazy little buggers and don't tend to move much so really don't want to over feed them. Especially as one of my rescue guys has funny legs where they didn't grow back properly and if I feed him too much he won't be able to reach the floor :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back