Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello fellow Axolotol owners from Victoria, Australia!

My Lottie

Reaction score
I have (inherited) a female Axolotol :rolleyes: when we bought a house nearly 2 years ago. She was out in the fish pond, eating "white clouds" that shared her pond. We felt sorry for her - too cold in winter, so bought a tank, etc , and now she shares our dining room! :eek:
She is about 4 years old, and named "Lottie". She has gone off her food, and developed a number of greyish spots---- so I will go to the "sick axolotols" site, to see if I can get some help? :confused:

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear Lottie might not be feeling well, but given that it's summer there now, it's not terribly uncommon. Hopefully we get to the root of the problem and get her back to feeling better!

Also: axolotls will do just fine down to temperatures of 4-5C. So chances are, even if your pond iced over a bit, it wasn't too cold for her.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!