Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello Everyone

ladystone

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is Sasha and I am new to the newt and amphibian scene. Now I'm not saying that I am completely ignorant to the basic knowledge of how to care for them or their surroundings, but I am always looking for more information about my critters and what is the best for them.

As a Christmas gift this year I received 4 Fire-Bellied Toads and a complete setup for them. Shortly after my boyfriend and I decided we wanted some newts as well, so now we have (in a separate tank/setup) 3 Fire-Bellied Newts. My boyfriend and I have always been cat people, we have 2 munchkin cats and a scottish fold.

We always want to make sure we are providing the best of care for all our critters, and most of the times I find the care sheets to be a short on information and sometimes I find that 2 different care sheet will contradict one another. So I figured it would be best to join a community such as yours so that I can ask professionals and enthusiasts alike. So with that said look forward to some post from me in the future and I greatly appreciate any and all advice you have to offer and I hope you don't mind my many questions.

mizzerman

Reaction score
Welcome, nice to see some more fellow Canadians. Hope your amphibian experiences go well. They are very addicting! :proud:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!