Question: What does axie poo look like?

reb2g08

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Rachael
Hi there sorry for the disgusting question, but what does axolotl poo look like?
There is white patchy stuff at the bottom of my tank but not sure if this is the poo or if he hasn't pooed yet!
Keeping a close eye on him as want to make sure everything is perfect.
Thanks in advance.

It's not white. It looks like a brown blob, like most animal poo. Sometimes it doesn't stick together and you have brown gunk just all over. Not pleasant. White patchy stuff, depending on what it looks like, could be a bacterial outbreak. I've had some of those while trying to cycle my tank. You should upload a picture to find out what it actually is.

When they poop, you'll know.

Thanks.
O no! that means he hasnt pooed since I got him 6 days ago!
Do I need to fridge him or stop feeding him or just wait and carry on feeding him?

It's not white. It looks like a brown blob, like most animal poo. Sometimes it doesn't stick together and you have brown gunk just all over. Not pleasant. White patchy stuff, depending on what it looks like, could be a bacterial outbreak. I've had some of those while trying to cycle my tank. You should upload a picture to find out what it actually is.

When they poop, you'll know.

Will get a picture of the white stuff to ID. Thank you!:blob:

Just because you don't see poop does not mean he hasn't pooped, it disintegrates in to a fine dust.

Thank you Rachael - for asking the question i was too scared to ask! :supercool:

I got home from work today and he has pooed! Never thought I would be so happy to see a poo!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back